Colombia – Cordillera – Sugar Cane DECAF
$25.00 – $44.00 — or subscribe and save 15%
Sugar Cane Process – Decaffeinated
|Origin||Colombia – Planadas and Canon de Las Hermosas|
|Flavour||Upfront milk chocolate, raw sugar and super sweet dried apricots.|
|Varietal||Castillo & Caturra|
Everybody jokes and laughs about how much Decaf sucks. We laugh at them, because this is simply false. Decaf is never prepared with the same amount of love and care normal coffee does, this is why it always tastes weak and watery. We put just as much effort into roasting this coffee as our highest scoring coffees. If you’re a decaf drinker this needs to be on your shortlist!
Tasting Notes: Notes of heavy milk chocolate, moving into some serious sweetness like panela and a gentle Dried Apricot aftertaste.
Roasters thoughts: “Our Colombia suppliers thought it would be funny to put a decaf on our tasting table, this scored higher than normal coffees on the cupping table. We had no choice but to buy it because it was just delightful! Soooooooooooooo sweet!”
Sugar Cane Decaffination Process:
- Green coffee is received, sorted and prepared for processing.
- Coffee is steamed for 30 minutes prior to decaffeination.
- A low-pressure steaming process has opened the pores of the coffee, allowing for caffeine extraction.
- Coffee is placed in a solution of water and a naturally occurring compound derived through the fermentation of sugarcane.
- Green coffee is submerged in the sugar cane extract, which naturally bonds to the salts within the coffee, allowing for the extraction of caffeine.
- Once the coffee is saturated, the tank is drained and fresh solution is introduced. This continues for about 8 hours.
- After the last of caffeine has been extracted, the coffee is removed from the solution and prepped for another steaming.
- The final low-pressure steaming removes the remaining traces of sugar cane extract.
- Decaffeinated coffee is then dried, physically polished to ensure cleanliness, and packaged to export.
Whole Beans, Ground – Espresso, Ground – Filter/Pour Over, Ground – French Press, Ground – Stovetop
Being pregnant, I switched to decaf over a year ago. It has been difficult finding a decaf coffee that tastes good, let alone finding one that is organic! I am so pleased with Bpnacci and won't be purchasing any other. I brew mine in the french press and it's delicious every time. There is zero bitterness and I would describe the coffee as smooth and rich in flavour. Shipping was also super fast!
Great Coffee and extremely fast delivery! I am a big coffee lover but I had to swap to a decaf so I was assuming it would not be so good. I was so surprised to find that this coffee actually tastes amazing! So happy with that purchase.
Buying de-caf coffee is always an act of faith. Happily Bonacci didn't let me down. Great aroma, taste and body. Arrived fresh and on time.
This coffee smells and tastes delicious.
Taste and aroma better than many normal blends. Highly recommended to the savvy decaf community
Boy, did this smell good. A rolling of the eyes good! The taste is smooth and delicate. Very nice.